It’s time to break out the cookie sheets and prepare for your holiday game night guests! We’d love to share some of our favorite dessert recipes to enjoy along with our favorite food themed game, Me Want Cookies!
We’ve had a lot of questions about the tasty looking white dessert in Me Want Cookies. It’s a wonderful traditional French pastry layered with whipped cream and smooth vanilla filling. It’s a pretty straightforward recipe for such an elegant treat!
Check it out here!
Barb’s Sugar Cookies
Moms always have the best recipes and this is one of my favorites! They take a bit more time but they’re worth the wait and will last in your freezer for months!
- 1/2 lb butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Your favorite frosting and sprinkles
- Blend butter and sugar with a hand mixer on medium.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, and mix until well combined.
- Separate Dough into quarters and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Roll flat to between and 1/8 and a 1/4 of an inch thick. Use your favorite cookie cutters!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheet and place in a metal cookie tin lined with wax paper.
- Place in your freezer overnight before frosting.
- Use your favorite frosting with soft peaks to decorate.
- Freeze overnight in cookie tin lined with wax paper.
- Store for up to three months before thawing out for the perfect cookies!
Sugar-dusted Macaroon Trees
These are just so cute and perfect for your holiday themed party! They’re also simple and delicious!
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 5 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Confectioners sugar for dusting